Serving Parents & Children in Calgary and Beyond
Unlocking Potential and Empowering Excellence with Our Psychoeducational Assessments
In the pursuit of excellence, every student’s unique journey deserves illumination. Psychoeducational assessments illuminate the pathways of learning and untold potential.
At Koru Family Psychology, we believe in the power of assessments to ignite understanding, growth, and achievement. Our assessments aren’t just tests; they’re personalized keys that open doors to your child’s strengths, challenges, and untapped potential.
We answer parent questions like, “Is my child truly grasping what they’re learning?” and “How can we enhance their education for maximum growth?”
Imagine gaining deep insights into your child’s learning style and discovering a tailored roadmap towards academic success and personal growth. Our assessments empower students to overcome obstacles, thrive in their educational journey, and create a bright future.
In today’s dynamic world, education extends beyond basic skills. It’s about equipping your child with the confidence to thrive in an ever-evolving landscape. Every mind is a universe of possibilities, each with its own strengths and quirks. Some are natural talkers, while others are hands-on explorers. Some excel in reading, while others prefer a tactile approach.
Assessments help us unveil these unique qualities, shedding light on how your child learns best. They provide essential feedback on their knowledge, strengths, and areas needing extra support. This knowledge is a guiding compass, steering us toward effective teaching methods and strategies that empower your child’s long-term success.
Assessments also serve as a powerful tool for advocacy. They give you the insights needed to champion your child’s needs and support their growth.
At Koru Family Psychology, we recognize that every child’s journey is their own. Our assessments are designed to unlock the doors of understanding, revealing not only what your child has learned, but how they approach problem-solving and learning itself. From our assessments, we provide a comprehensive roadmap for success both in and out of school.
Join us in uncovering your child’s potential and setting them on a path to lifelong achievement. Book an assessment today and embark on a transformative educational experience.
Learn More About Our Clinicians Who Provide Psychoeducational Assessments
Jacqueline’s goal is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment, where clients feel comfortable to explore, address, and challenge difficult experiences, situations, patterns of thinking, and behaviour.
Fiona is passionate about supporting school and home environments that facilitate positive mental health, skill development and overall well-being.
Jaime has many years of experience supporting children with unique learning needs and implementing early interventions. She has experience working with children with ADHD, learning differences, and social emotional concerns.
Keely strives to foster a safe and supportive environment where students can share about the unique challenges they experience at home and at school. She is passionate about finding students’ strength to help inform strategies and recommendations for students, teachers, and parents.
Dr. Caroline helps parents and teachers understand kids’ strengths, areas of challenge, and how to best support them. She figures out what makes learning easy for kids and strategies to optimize learning.
A thorough assessment may entail:
Wondering if your child needs a psychoeducational assessment?
Every child’s journey is unique, and sometimes, a little extra support can make a world of difference. While assessments are beneficial for all students; however, you may not want to wait any longer to get an assessment for your child if you notice any of these signs:
- Despite hard work, your child’s grades don’t reflect their effort.
- Intelligence is clear, but assignments often suffer from procrastination and poor planning.
- Persistent difficulties with reading, writing, or math skills.
- Learning something one day but forgetting it the next.
- Teacher feedback regarding your child’s difficulty with learning, emotion regulation, behaviours, and/or attention in class.
- Behavioural or emotional challenges interfere with school or home life.
- A reluctance going to school.
- Uneven academic performance, excelling in some subjects while struggling in others.
- Challenges with memory that affect learning and retaining information.
- Difficulty organizing thoughts and ideas, leading to trouble with written assignments or verbal communication.
- Regular frustration or avoidance related to schoolwork or learning activities.
- Trouble following instructions or completing tasks, particularly when they involve multiple steps.
- Limited attention span, difficulty staying focused, and easily distracted by external stimuli.
- Social struggles, such as difficulty making friends, understanding social cues, or maintaining relationships.
- Emotional issues like frequent anxiety, low self-esteem, or signs of depression that seem connected to school or learning experiences.
- You believe your child could benefit from tailored school accommodations.
If you’re observing any of these signs, it could be beneficial to explore the possibility of a psychoeducational assessment to gain deeper insights into your child’s unique learning profile and address any potential challenges they might be facing.
Discover how a psychoeducational assessment can unlock your child’s full potential. Contact us today to learn more.