Tools to break the procrastination habit:
- When in doubt, do it. Don’t want to do something? Do it anyway. My favourite motto: Just do it. I think you get the idea.
- Erase your To-Do List every day or week and start over. Running lists end up with items that stick around too long, sink to the bottom and end up forgotten.
- Surround yourself with action-oriented people. People with energy often have a thrill for life, and it’s easy to pick up some of that spirit.
- Get plenty of exercise and sleep. Nothing makes you want to put things off more than feeling groggy or drained.
- Filter down and simplify. Does everything on your To-Do List belong there? As lists get longer, procrastinators tend to become overwhelmed and shut down.
- Right now – before doing anything else, go do something you put off earlier today… There, doesn’t that feel better? Remember and cherish that feeling.